Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Poetry and music: Lift up Heart /¡ARRIBA, CORAZÓN! by Gregorio Marañón

Back in 2015 I had the opportunity to attend a Miriam Pico concert at the San Fillipo Estate near Chicago where I heard one of my favorite songs, "Lift Up, Heart," which she wrote based on a translation of a poem her grandfather carried in his wallet, called ¡ARRIBA, CORAZÓN!

It's beautiful, sweet, and draws me in. So, I thought I should show you the poem and a link to the song. Miriam has a lovely voice, and writes delightful lyrical pieces. 


Enjoy.

¡ARRIBA, CORAZÓN!


Arriba, corazón, la vida es corta 

y hay que aprender a erguirse ante el destino. 

Sólo avanzar importa, 

arrojando el dolor por el camino.


Otras horas felices 

matarán a estas horas doloridas. 

Las que hoy son heridas 

se tornarán mañana cicatrices.


Espera siempre, corazón, espera 

que ninguna inquietud es infinita. 

Y hay una misteriosa primavera 

donde el dolor humano se marchita.


Con tu espuela de plata 

no des paz al corcel de la ilusión. 

"Si la pena no muere se la mata", 

¡arriba, corazón!


Gregorio Marañón



No comments:

Post a Comment