Monday, May 26, 2014

These Broken Stars

I have a feeling this isn't the only time you're going to see me write about These Broken Stars. Themes and moments from it haunt me: when I'm in the shower, walking to the library, feeling the sun on my neck. As I said in my longer review over on We Do Write, I read it twice, back to back. I can't think of another book I've done that with. There are a handful of books I've read more than once, The Mists of Avalon, The Forest House, Dracula, In Conquest Born, Pride & Prejudice, a few Anne Rice novels that captured my heart as a youth. However, these were lovingly revisited years later. I can't think of another time I've set something down and immediately reread it. So, head over to We Do Write for some of my early thoughts. I'm sure to have more of them, because I'm sure I'll read
it again and have more to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment