Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Easy Fruit Garden



The Easy Fruit Garden: A No-Nonsense Guide to Growing the Fruit You LoveThe Easy Fruit Garden: A No-Nonsense Guide to Growing the Fruit You Love by
Clare Matthews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Clare Matthews' guide to growing fruit holds true to the title. She cuts through the nonsense and aims her colorful and informative book at people who want to grow food but don't have time to wade through the history of horticulture and just need a simple breakdown of the basics and for someone to steer them in the right direction. Complete with succulent pictures, wonderfully simple how-to guides, and easy to follow instructions, as well as fabulous write ups on the fruits one may want to grow, this is a wonderful resource for a gardener who wants to branch out into growing more than their peas and carrots, roses and daisies.

I really like this book for it's ease of reference and high eye candy value. Matthews' focus on growing fruit with as little time commitment as possible appeals to me, a lot. It's not so much that I'm busy. I mean, I am, who isn't, but moreover, I like efficiency.

While I checked it out from the library, I'm adding it to the short list of books I'd like to add to my personal library.

No comments:

Post a Comment